All it takes is 3 chords and a dream!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thoughts

Toying with an idea here.  I wanted to put it out there to see what readers and artists thought about it.

I am considering opening an eBay store with the express purpose of selling Indie Rock CDs and possibly vouchers for downloads.  The blog at this point has some real visibility, with around 350 visits per day during the summer and closer to 450 during the fall, winter and spring months.  Preliminary feedback suggests that our reviews drive a fair number of sales for Indie Artists through sites such as Amazon or iTunes.  This may be a way to put more money back in the hands of artists, as well as to help support our operation here.

So what do you think?  Good idea?  Bad idea?  Your thoughts, as always, are welcome.  Youc an either leave a comment, or e-mail me at wildysworld@gmail.com.

Have an awesome day!

--Wildy

1 comment:

DiscConnected said...

I think it's a good idea, and I hope you'll consider selling physical product as well.

I just can't bring myself to buy downloads.

I think sites that review music are important. I follow other review sites and have one of my own as well.

The major publications tend to review the same handful of CD's and we really don't need to hear much more about Lady GaGa.

The up-and-coming, and out-of-the-mainstream bands need exposure, and sites like yours helps them get it.

I make it a point to comment when your post leads me to make a purchase, so you'll have some documentation that the word is getting spread!

Larry